The BQS Institute for Quality and Patient Safety GmbH, as the responsible entity, welcomes your visit to the website https://www.bqs.de. With the following paragraphs, we would like to inform you as transparently as possible about the type, scope and purpose of data collection and data use relating to the website. If you believe that the information that follows is inadequate in any respect or have further questions, you will find the contact details for our data protection officer at the end of this data protection declaration.
The responsible entity in the sense of Art. 4 (7) DSGVO) is:
BQS Institut für Qualität und Patientensicherheit GmbH
1.1 Information on data processing
In principle, data protection applies to all information that relates to an identified or identifiable person and can be directly or indirectly assigned to that person (so-called personal data). In particular, this includes information such as name, address, date of birth, etc. or combinations thereof.
However, information that can in principle be assigned to a natural person via an identifier (e.g. number, IP address, etc.) also falls under the requirements of data protection.
However, if the information has been modified to such an extent that neither direct nor indirect assignment to a natural person is possible, then it is anonymized data. Such data (e.g., summarized (aggregated) data sets or shortened IP addresses) are no longer subject to data protection regulations.
With the following explanations, we would like to inform you about the processing of personal data. The term "processing" covers the entire process from the collection, storage, processing and/or transfer to the deletion of the data.
The following details provide you with information about our homepage and about additional services for which we operate websites and portals as part of projects.
(1) When you use our website, cookies are stored on your computer. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive assigned to the browser you are using and through which the body that sets the cookie (in this case by us) receives certain information. The setting of these cookies is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DS-GVO). Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer more user-friendly and effective overall.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include, in particular, session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which various requests of your browser can be assigned to the common session. This allows your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a specified period of time, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your preferences and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
We use the following cookies on this homepage or on project-related portal pages:
|PHPSESSID||hamburg.bqs.de||End of session||Storage of the current session|
(1) This website embeds videos from YouTube. The operator of the pages is Google Ireland Limited ("Google"), Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland. We use YouTube in extended data protection mode. According to YouTube, this mode means that YouTube does not store any information about visitors to this website before they watch the video. However, the transfer of data to YouTube partners is not necessarily excluded by the extended data protection mode. Thus, YouTube - regardless of whether you watch a video - establishes a connection to the Google DoubleClick network.
As soon as you start a YouTube video on this website, a connection to YouTube's servers is established. This tells the YouTube server which of our pages you have visited. If you are logged into your YouTube account, you enable YouTube to assign your surfing behavior directly to your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account. Furthermore, YouTube can save various cookies on your end device after starting a video or use comparable recognition technologies (e.g. device fingerprinting). In this way, YouTube can obtain information about visitors to this website. This information is used, among other things, to collect video statistics, improve the user experience and prevent fraud attempts.
(2) If applicable, further data processing operations may be triggered after the start of a YouTube video, over which we have no control. YouTube is used in the interest of an appealing presentation of our online offers. This represents a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. Insofar as a corresponding consent was requested, the processing is carried out exclusively on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO; the consent can be revoked at any time.
1.4 Contact form
When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, your name as mandatory information and, if applicable, your company and your telephone number as voluntary information) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions and send you information about BQS and its products. You only need to provide an e-mail address and your name in order to receive a reply. The storage of your data is based on your consent. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a DS-GVO. If and insofar as we do not obtain consent, the legal basis for the processing is our legitimate interest in an appropriate response to your inquiry/processing of your request in connection with Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f DS-GVO. We delete the data accruing in this context when you send us a corresponding note via the contact form.
(1) With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, with which we inform you about our current interesting offers. The advertised goods and services are named in the declaration of consent.
(2) The only mandatory information for sending the newsletter is your e-mail address. The provision of further, separately marked data is voluntary and will be used to address you personally. After your confirmation, we store your e-mail address for the purpose of sending the newsletter. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a DS-GVO.
(3) You can revoke your consent to the sending of the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can declare the revocation by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter email, via a short note with the contact form or by sending a message to the contact details provided in the imprint.
1.6 Matomo (formerly Piwik)
This website uses the open source web analytics service Matomo. Matomo uses technologies that enable the cross-page recognition of the user for the analysis of user behavior (e.g. cookies or device fingerprinting). The information collected by Matomo about the use of this website is stored on our server. The IP address is anonymized before storage.
With the help of Matomo, we are able to collect and analyze data about the use of our website by website visitors. This allows us to find out, among other things, when which page views were made and from which region they come. We also collect various log files (e.g. IP address, referrer, browsers and operating systems used) and can measure whether our website visitors perform certain actions (e.g. clicks, purchases, etc.).
The use of this analysis tool is based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. The website operator has a legitimate interest in the anonymized analysis of user behavior in order to optimize both its website and its advertising. If a corresponding consent has been requested (e.g. consent to store cookies), the processing is based exclusively on Art. 6 (1) lit. a DSGVO; the consent can be revoked at any time.
We use IP anonymization for the analysis with Matomo. In this case, your IP address is shortened before analysis so that it can no longer be clearly assigned to you.
We host Matomo exclusively on our own servers, so that all analysis data remains with us and is not passed on.
1.7 Server logging
In the case of browsing use of the website, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise transmit information to us, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DS-GVO):
date and time of the request
time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
content of the request (specific page)
access status/HTTP status code
amount of data transferred in each case
website from which the request comes
operating system and its interface
language and version of the browser software.
This data is deleted after 4 weeks.
1.8 Application procedure
(1) Insofar as we provide the option of submitting applications via our Internet pages, we naturally process the personal data of applicants exclusively for the purpose of handling the application procedure. Processing may also take place electronically. This is particularly the case if an applicant submits corresponding application documents to the controller by electronic means, for example by e-mail or via a web form located on the website. If we conclude an employment contract with an applicant, the transmitted data will be stored for the purpose of processing the employment relationship in compliance with the statutory provisions. If no employment contract is concluded with the applicant, the application documents and other personal data collected by us as part of the application process will only be stored for evidentiary purposes and deleted or returned a maximum of 6 months after notification of the rejection decision, unless you have given your consent for longer storage or ongoing procedures make longer storage necessary in individual cases. Such possible consent is voluntary and has no impact on your chances in the application process, so you can not give or revoke your consent at any time without giving reasons.
The processing of the application documents and the personal data required for the application procedure are necessary for the application procedure and, if applicable, for the conclusion of an employment contract.
(2) The legal basis for the processing of personal data in the context of application procedures is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a. DS-GVO, insofar as your consent has been given, otherwise Art. 6 (1) lit. b DS-GVO in conjunction with Section 26 BDSG and, in addition, insofar as the processing serves the purpose of fulfilling legal obligations, Art. 6 (1) lit. c. DS-GVO
1.9 Data subject rights
With regard to the functions of our website explained above or the purposes of data processing described there, you generally have the following rights.
Right to information (Art. 15 DSGVO)
We must provide you with information as to whether we are processing data relating to your person. In the case of such processing, we must explain, among other things, the purposes for which the processing takes place, which categories of personal data are processed, to whom data may be transferred and for how long the data will be stored.
Correction (Art. 16 GDPR), objection (Art. 21 GDPR), restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR)
If you notice that we are processing personal data that is incorrect or incomplete, then you may of course request rectification. Likewise, you may object to the processing for specific reasons and, if it is justified, request the restriction of processing.
Deletion (Art. 17 DSGVO) and data portability (Art. 20 DSGVO)
In the event that personal data is processed by us, among other things, without justification or after the purpose has ceased to exist, you may demand its deletion. Furthermore, you have the right to receive from us all information that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format.
Revocation of consent (Art. 7 (3) DSGVO)
Furthermore, you have the right to revoke your consent based on which we have collected and used your personal data at any time. To exercise your right of revocation, please send us an e-mail to the following address: info@BQS.de
For a better understanding and easier reading of the personal rights, we have summarized them in parts here. If necessary, please refer to the (original text: link to:http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/DE/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32016R0679&from=de) or contact our data protection officer directly.
You can exercise your data protection rights at any time and without incurring any costs. Our data protection officer will examine and respond to each request individually. Please use the contact details listed below to make a data protection inquiry.
1.10 Data protection officer(s)
If you have any questions about data protection relating to our website and our range of services or if you wish to exercise your personal rights, please contact our external data protection officer:
Thomas Brehm, c/o BBS Rechtsanwälte, Brandstwiete 46, 20457 Hamburg, Germany, telephone:
1.11 Competent supervisory authority
Of course, you can also contact the supervisory authority for data protection responsible for us at any time:
The Hamburg Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information